Come Hear Me Speak at #SXSW2018 at "RegisterRight!: The ABCs of Protecting Your IP"
I'm grateful to be able to share my thoughts about intellectual property with hungry entrepreneurs next week at South by Southwest 2018! I'll be on a panel with two highly esteemed IP attorneys and professors: Tonya Evans and W. Keith Robinson.
Our panel, titled "RegisterRight!: The ABCs of Protecting Your IP," will provide tons of useful info for anyone looking to protect their creative works. We'll be speaking on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, from 9:30 AM-11:30 AM (Central Time) at the Fairmont Hotel Iris Room, 101 Red River, Austin TX 78701. If you're in neighborhood next week please check us out. You have to RSVP to attend, which you can do so by clicking here.
Here's a blurb about our panel:
Creating a song, script, app, invention or business is just the beginning of any creative’s journey. Too often that can also be the end of the road. Because when creatives focus solely on the creative process without adequately protecting their intellectual property, they leave their copyright, trademark, and patent rights at risk or forever lost altogether.
The rules are complex and confusing. This workshop demystifies "the big three" types intellectual property (copyright, trademark, patent) and lays out the specific steps every creative needs to take to protect their IP rights. Specifically, this workshop:
- Offers straightforward, clear, and concise definitions and explanations about IP rights
- Provides a detailed roadmap through the critical first steps of identifying and registering IP rights
- Details concrete steps creatives and inventors can take to register a copyright, trademark, and patent
- Explains how startups can avoid intellectual property disputes and the benefits of timely registration
- Explains how to create a trademark portfolio that doesn’t break the bank
- Outlines best practices when enforcing copyright, trademark, and patent rights against infringers
- Covers copyright transfer termination and how to reclaim your copyright after an assignment or license
Join us on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, at 9:30 AM-11:30 AM (Central Time) at the Fairmont Hotel Iris Room, 101 Red River, Austin TX 78701!